We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super Bock Super Rock Transport

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Super Bock Super Rock Transport

Hi,

We're looking at going to the Super Bock festival – but we'd prefer to stay in Lisbon rather than camp. There is some information on public transport to get there – however by the time the bands finish for the night it looks like the trains won't be running and it's unclear whether there will be any buses heading back to the city. Does anyone know if there's anything running at the end of each night?

Many thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,555 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Super Bock Super Rock Transport

The official website says "As in previous years, there will be special buses, operated by TST, with departures from Lisbon on locations and times tba."

I woulds assume that they would be going back to Lisbon afterwards as there is no normal bus service late at night.

So check there nearer the time.

The last train from Coina back to Lisbon is 2353 but that station is many miles from the venue. They do run special coaches to an from Coina but I doubt there will be any extra, later, trains.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super Bock Super Rock Transport

Sorry to disappoint but I think buses go back to lisbon in the end of the headliner's set.

I recommend you to rent a car. Festival Parking is nice and organized and you can visit some great places around the festival before you go.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,645 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Super Bock Super Rock Transport

CP (the train company) organises special trains to all the other music festivals around Lisboa, I suppose that this one will not be different.

9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Super Bock Super Rock Transport

Its says on the SBSR '14 website too that there is a free shuttle bus from festival grounds to Meco beach. Getafest.com (they have a link on the SBSR website) offers packages that include accommodation and transfers (in and from Lisbon) to the festival. I'll be staying in Aldeia do Meco itself and will be relying on those shuttles to and from Meco beach to get back to my rented apt. My landlady is fully aware of the festival and has told me that yes Meco is indeed where the festival will be taking place, which is a good sign. Hopefully this will workout for me as i've never been to Portugal as well. Good luck on finding the perfect package for you!

Edited: 24 May 2014, 09:39
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Super Bock Super Rock Transport

Hi! Watch out! I think those free shuttle bus festival-meco beach-festival do not work at night.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,555 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Super Bock Super Rock Transport

The general assumption is that people will either be camping or will drive there and back. Any buses back to Lisbon will be fairly early in the night.

The only way to be sure is to check the official website.

CP trains do not run to Coina etc. That line is a private operation see www.fertagus.pt

Save Reply
7. Re: Super Bock Super Rock Transport

Hi, I'm staying in Ferragudo in the alga eve. Would love to come and do a day of super bock super rock. What is the best way for me to get from ferragudo to the festival. I have tried public transport websites but they do not recognise Meco. Should I travel to Lisbon and then onto Meco? Thanks x

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Super Bock Super Rock Transport

In my opinion you should rent a car. You can travel to Lisbon in public transportation but from there I think you should get a car.

Auckland, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Super Bock Super Rock Transport

Thanks for the advice and comments everyobe – I'll look into renting a car.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 09:49
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,645 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Super Bock Super Rock Transport

Fertagus (the train company crossing the bridge) is doing a special train for Rock in Rio (held in Lisboa), departing from Lisboa at 02:45am direction Setubal. For sure that they will do something similar to Super Bock Super Rock, probably both to Lisboa and Setubal.