We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover in Lisbon

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Layover in Lisbon

I have read other layover answers. But would like to know for me:

1) we have a 9 hr 45 min layover

2)we are flying TAP going to Turkey.

3) What can I see or do in the city center?

4) what tram or bus should I take to get there

thanks so much for assistance

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,401 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Layover in Lisbon

No bus or tram, take the Metro (red line with a change to either the green or the blue line) exit at Rossio or Restauradores. metrolisboa.pt/eng/…

metrolisboa.pt/eng/wp-content/uploads/2014/0…

golisbon.com/sight-seeing/itineraries.html

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Layover in Lisbon

thank you

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
788 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Layover in Lisbon

Consider around 45 minutes for each way to and from the center, including buying tickets and catching the connection, which is still a bit of a walk plus waiting. You would have time for a quick lunch in a typical restaurant or spend a bit of time on the cafes around the squares just soaking up the atmosphere. You would have some time to stroll around the historic area and see some of the famous landmarks, though not exactly to explore. You could take the tram 28 that passes by the more interesting and historic areas all the way to near the castle -- but be extra careful with your belongings, as this is a known pickpocketers' haunt. Go to the Praça Comercio, the huge square that faces out to the Tagus, and stroll along the the arched passages. All this is just to give you a flavour of the city, for the next time you're around to explore it better.

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Layover in Lisbon

thanks for those details

5. Re: Layover in Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:15