We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Trip to Lisbon

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Our Trip to Lisbon

I have finally finished writing the trip report about the Lisbon portion of our trip. These are the links to the days we spent there if anyone is interested in reading about it. I hope our experiences can help others plan a wonderful trip to Lisbon! We had a great time:)

Day 1: alifeintune.com/an-eventful-day-day-1-of-eur…

Day 2: alifeintune.com/day-2-the-fun-began-in-lisbo…

Day 3: www.alifeintune.com/day-3-of-europe-2014.html

Day 4: alifeintune.com/day-4-of-europe-2014-like-a-…

Day 5: alifeintune.com/day-4-our-last-day-in-lisbon…

Day 6: alifeintune.com/day-5-goodbye-portugal-hello…

Edited: 26 June 2014, 05:24
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Trip to Lisbon

Nice reading and glad you enjoyed your first visit to Portugal. Hope you come back to see more!

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Trip to Lisbon

We are hoping to...it is gorgeous there!

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,204 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Trip to Lisbon

Lovely report.

I am hoping to go to Lisbon this year . You have given me some ideas.

Thanks

Graham

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
87 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Trip to Lisbon

Hi, Do you remember the names of the restaurants that you liked and the one that you didn't?

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Trip to Lisbon

I think I have them written down somewhere. I will look and get back with you:)

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Trip to Lisbon

So the restaurants:

St. Nicholas Café - I have a feeling it was pretty touristy but it was decent food and you could sit outside. We got pastries from here a couple of times and they were pretty good. It was usually on the way back to our room and was open.

O Coffre - This was near the Alfama district and it was really good! We had seafood for a really good price and it was amazing!

Amorino - This was an ice cream place (I think there might have been two of them) and it was awesome. You pick what size you want and can get as many flavors in the cup as you want.

Inhaca - We had paella here and it was really good. Plus, the wait staff was very friendly and made our kids feel really comfortable.

Pasteis of Belem - This was kind of a touristy café in the Belem area, but it wasn't bad for what it was. They had a lot of options to choose from.

Faca e Garfa - This was the restaurant where my son spilled our wine all over me. We thought the wait staff was borderline rude and not helpful at all. The food was just ok, but we wouldn't return just based on the way we were treated.

Hope this helps!

P P
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our Trip to Lisbon

Thank you for posting! I have been enjoyed reading this.

We are planning for our Lisbon trip in Oct. I'm kinda struggling with a 8 day Lisbon itinerary as I'm worried it's a bit too long... We got 6 full days in Lisbon after counting out 2 day trips to Sintra & Cascais.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
87 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our Trip to Lisbon

Thank you!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
87 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our Trip to Lisbon

We're In Lisbon now and eight days might be too long. Went to cascais today which is a nice day trip. We might go back and walk from estoril on the path to cascais. Off to Sintra on Wednesday. Maybe go to Porto for a couple of days. My 28 yo son and I were surprised at the state of many of the buildings so keep that in mind when you get here. Not all neat and clean like other European cities. Not all of the buildings but the ones in the centre of Lisbon. Kind of depressing. Belem is nice for a day. Go early as the lines can be quite long. It seems the govt spends money on the upkeep of Belem. Alfama , st George castle is a nice area of narrow alleys with lots of atmosphere. After the initial shock of the state of some areas we got used to it and are really enjoying ourselves.take a money belt as there are pickpockets lurking around.

Edited: 14 July 2014, 20:49
10. Re: Our Trip to Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 07:17