We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tomar, Fatima, and Batalha in one day?

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon, Portugal
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tomar, Fatima, and Batalha in one day?

Hi! Would it be possible to do a day-trip from Lisbon to Tomar, Fatima, Batalha all in one day? I only really want to see one thing in each place (the Convent in Tomar, the monastery in Batalha, and the basilica in Fatima). Is there decent transportation between these cities? What would be the best starting point from Lisbon, and which should be my last stop? Any advice appreciated

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,157 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tomar, Fatima, and Batalha in one day?

By public transportation? No, you won't be able to see it all in one day.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,957 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tomar, Fatima, and Batalha in one day?

I agree - impossible to visit all three by bus as there are so few buses in that area.

Check the times at www.rodotejo.pt - observe that most buses do not run at weekends.

Don't forget that Lisbon to Tomar (by train) itself will take nearly two hours.

To return from Batalha to Lisbon by bus (there is no railway there) will also take two hours and the last departure is at 1815hrs.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tomar, Fatima, and Batalha in one day?

Fatima alone can occupy you at least one full day, there are a lot of activities including candlelight procession besides the Basilica. The buses between Lisbon and Fatima is quite frequent, you can do a day trip easily from Lisbon but you won't be able to take part in the candlelight procession unless you stay overnight, as I believe the last bus leaves at 830pm for Lisbon.

4. Re: Tomar, Fatima, and Batalha in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 06:16