We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from LIsbon to Montemor-o-Novo

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus from LIsbon to Montemor-o-Novo

Hi, we are planning to take a bus from Lisbon airport / Lisbon City centre to Montemor-o-Novo but am not too sure which bus service to take. Also, where can I find the bus schedule? thanks!

Lisbon to Sintra and Cascais...
1,047 Reviews
from US$94.20*
Lisbon to Fatima, Nazare, and Obidos...
683 Reviews
from US$94.20*
Special Offer
Lisbon Super Saver: 2-Day Sintra...
288 Reviews
from US$169.60*
Lisbon Small-Group Gourmet Portuguese...
379 Reviews
from US$56.50*
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
52,163 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from LIsbon to Montemor-o-Novo

There is no bus from Lisbon Airport.

Go to www.rede-expressos.pt which is available in English.

Tickets are required before you get on board and can be purchased at that website or at the bus station.

Also, the buses leave from Lisbon Sete Rios bus terminal which is nowhere stated in the timetables!

To get from the airport to Sete Rios (about 7km) you can either take a taxi, the Aerobus 2 (which runs every 40 minutes) or the metro train to Jardim Zoologico station, which is next to Sete Rios.Metro trains run about every 6 minutes and is cheaper than the bus but a change of line is needed. By bus or metro it will take about 30 minutes airport - Sete Rios..

Edited: 18 August 2014, 08:21
Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from LIsbon to Montemor-o-Novo

Thanks Cubsur for the informative response!

Forgive my questions as it is my first time in Portugal.

My final destination would be at L'and vineyards. So it will be metro to Jardim zollogico station, then rede bus from Sete Rios to Montemor novo. From there I'd take a taxi to the vineyard. Would the taxis charges be metered?

Also, when I wish to return from Montemor novo back to Lisbon city, I would have to take the bus from the opposite side of the road from where I orginally arrived? Does it work that way?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
22,417 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from LIsbon to Montemor-o-Novo

No, the taxis at Montemor-o-Novo will not charge by meter because the hotel is outside town in the countryside, it's about 5km, you have to pay the taxis return, it's by the km. The bus stop at Montemor is at R Carreira de S. Francisco, you'll take it back on the same spot where you exit. Usually most of these stops in small towns like Montemor are next to a café, or some kind of shop, and that's where people wait. It's not like in a big town where you wait on the side of the street according to the direction where the bus goes.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 07:35
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve
Level Contributor
14,188 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from LIsbon to Montemor-o-Novo

If you have a lot of luggage it's easier to take the Aerobus from the airport to Sete Rios.

Otherwise the metro, but you have to change lines.

For Montemor Novo, there's a bus station (called Rodoviaria). You go into the station.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 07:39
Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from LIsbon to Montemor-o-Novo

Thank you to both for the information! Feel more at ease moving around now!

6. Re: Bus from LIsbon to Montemor-o-Novo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 07:16
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question