We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lisbon

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
lisbon

my husband and I are visiting Lisbon in end of October. We wd. like to visit Fatima. What is the best way to get there and how long is the journey. Is it worth loosing a day as we have only a four day trip. Please advise on what is worth seeing and doing.

I love shopping and markets. What day is the market on and where is it. Please reply soon.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lisbon

Hi!

Fatima is around 130Kms away from Lisbon.

Your best bet is by Bus, or by car. To get there is always by toll road, and it takes at least 1h30m. There are some kilometers that have road works, so some delay might be expected, if an accident or something else has happend.

Now regarding to go there or not it's up to one's beliefs, personaly I think there is not too much to see, but what makes the place is not the buildings but the people. They have a lot of little shops with religious tematics.

If you go in early morning, you can decide that at noon might return to Lisbon, after lunch for example. In this case I recomend Tia Alice restaurant.

Regarding Lisbon Markets, every single day, except Sundays, they are open. There are a few, like Mercado da Ribeira, near the Cais-Sodre subway stop, 31 de Maio, near Saldanha subway stop, and also the Praça do Chile near Arroios subway stop.

Hope this helps! If you need more information, please just ask!

2. Re: lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 08:19