We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on getting to and from Obidos

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
21 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on getting to and from Obidos

Hi all - I will be going to Portugal in a few weeks (so excited!) and I was hoping to get some advice on getting to and from Obidos. I will be coming from Lisbon and then going on to Porto. I was thinking by bus, but it does not appear there is a good bus route from Obidos to Porto. Is renting a car a better option? Thanks for your advice!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on getting to and from Obidos

There are no direct buses between Óbidos and Porto but there are a number of daily trips from the nearby town of Caldas da Rainha. Go to www.rede-expressos.pt for the times and fares. There are local buses between Óbidos and Caldas da Rainha or as it's only about 3 miles a short taxi ride.

Most trips require a change of bus en route, the timetables tell you where. One ticket can be bought for the whole trip.

From Lisbon to Óbidos there are the buses of Rodotejo from the Campo Grande bus station, which is next to the metro station of the same name. Timetable at rodotejo.pt/media/rapidas/horario_verde.pdf

No on line sales, no reservations, it's just a bus. Costs less than 10 Euros as I recall.

Bus will cost you a great deal less than hiring a car obviously.

2. Re: Advice on getting to and from Obidos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:16