We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Question

Which Obidos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Parking Question

We will be in Obidos in early August for a few hours with our luggage in the rental car. I was wondering where to park, is itsafe to park here with luggage in the car? And are there any "monitored" lots that might be safer. I also posted this question regarding Sintra. I apologize if anyone thinks these are duplicate questions. I would greatly appreciate any advice. thank you very much!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,733 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Question

There's no "monitored" parking lots, there's a small paid parking area by the tourism office but, unless you arrive there very early, you'll not get a space there. The big parking area is by the aqueduct and I think that in the summer is paid and has some kind of "surveillance"... If your car has no rent-a-car stickers and there's no luggage visible (and you don't open the trunk after parking) you'll be as safe as any Portuguese.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Question

There is lots of free on street parking in Obidos. You can always find a spot unless there is a fair on. The main car park by the gates to the city fills up quickly but there are two huge overflow car parks as well. It's beyond safe there.

3. Re: Parking Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 11:16
Get answers to your questions about Obidos