We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biking from Azeitao to Portinho da Arrabida to Setubal

Jyvaskyla, Finland
4 posts
Biking from Azeitao to Portinho da Arrabida to Setubal

Hi,

I'm staying in Lisbon for 4 days in May and I was thinking about biking in the nature park of Arrabida. I checked out a route from Azeitao to Portinho da Arrabida to Setubal with google maps, but I would like to know if this route is possible and what is the difficulty level. If it is impossible, is there any other good possibilities to bike in Arrabida?

Here is the route:

imageshack.us/photo/…

I'm not a mountain biker, so I'm just looking for a decent lenght from the route (less than 30 km) and good views.

One more question. Would it be possible to hire a bike from Azeitao and return it to Setubal?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
25,205 posts
57 reviews
1. Re: Biking from Azeitao to Portinho da Arrabida to Setubal

I suppose that you want to do it by yourself? I doubt that you can hire a bike in Azeitão. Try to contact a cycling company like http://www.portugalbike.com/Portugal_Bike_about_our_company; www.vertentenatural.com/index_lang.php?pag=1 for the logistics.

Jyvaskyla, Finland
4 posts
2. Re: Biking from Azeitao to Portinho da Arrabida to Setubal

Yes, I'm planning to do an independent trip. Do you know anything about the road? Is it asphalt all the way or is there some off-road parts? What if I hire a bike from Lisbon, is there a problem in getting it to Azeitao?

Thank you in advance!

Jyvaskyla, Finland
4 posts
3. Re: Biking from Azeitao to Portinho da Arrabida to Setubal

Does anyone have more information on the subject? I would be really happy to know!

Burnham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Biking from Azeitao to Portinho da Arrabida to Setubal

Hi there,

I have a house in Azeitao and regularly cycle there both XC and road. My advice would be to hire a bike in Lisbon then get the train to Coina and ride into Azeitao just up the road.

Burnham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Biking from Azeitao to Portinho da Arrabida to Setubal

We often rent out our cottage in Vila Freaca de Azeitao to cyclists form all over the world. There is a massive amount of activity, advice etc. in the area, out local village XC club site is here - http://bttvilafresca.net/ (edited for spelling)

Edited: 21 May 2012, 10:15
6. Re: Biking from Azeitao to Portinho da Arrabida to Setubal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 01:15