We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to plan my day trip to Sintra

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
889 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How to plan my day trip to Sintra

Hi,

Me and my mum are planning to visit Sintra somewhere between Jun 1st-5th as a day trip from Lisbon. We would like to visit Regaleira Palace and Gardens, Pena palace and the Moorish castle. Do you guys think we can visit all three sights in just one day? In what order would you suggest to visit the places? Can we walk from the Moorish castle to Pena Palace or is it a steep climb? And what will the weather generally be like? Very hot?

I know it's a lot of questions, I hope you can help me! Thanks!

Remco, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

lisbon
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to plan my day trip to Sintra

If you will have a car, i would suggest that you try to stop at these places:

seeportugal.org/2008/…

This beach is really an amazing place. There is a restaurant on the beach which is by far one of the best. And not expensive also.

seeportugal.org/2008/…

This little convent is really a charming place to visit. Agin, if you have a car, try to make this.

seattle
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to plan my day trip to Sintra

When you go to Sintra, be sure to wear good walking shoes. I would not suggest driving there. The roads are narrow, windy and busy. The buses can barely negotiate the path that is left between parked cars everywhere. We took the bus from Cascais, and stopped at the tourist center once we arrived at Sintra. You can purchase a bus pass that stops at all the attractions in a circular loop. Go early in the morning- the buses get very crowded later in the day.

3. Re: How to plan my day trip to Sintra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Sintra
Recent Conversations