We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sintra Itinerary & Bus time to Cabo da Roca- Help needed!

Toronto
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Sintra Itinerary & Bus time to Cabo da Roca- Help needed!

I will be Sintra on September 21 and plan on being there for 9 am. My main interests are to visit the Pena Palace, Quinta da Regaleira and the Monserrate Palace. I would like to finish my day by taking the 403 bus to Cabo da Roca.

Based on the current bus schedule that I'm seeing, I would need to leave Sintra by 17:10 pm in order to be picked up on the last bus leaving Sintra towards Cascais @ 18:10 Am I correct, or simply reading the schedule incorrectly?

Is my itinerary feasible for one day? Any suggestions or recommendations are welcome. TIA!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,898 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sintra Itinerary & Bus time to Cabo da Roca- Help needed!

In the afternoons and evenings, buses leave Sintra station for Cascais via Cabo da Roca (route 403) at 10 minutes past every hour with the last bus at 1910. Therefore if you took the 1810 to Cabo da Roca, you would have 1 hour there before returning to the bus stop for the last bus to Cascais.

Those times apply every day.

As you plan to be in Sintra by 9am your itinerary is feasible if a little of a rush. Do leave time for something to eat and drink!

Toronto
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sintra Itinerary & Bus time to Cabo da Roca- Help needed!

Thanks Cubsur for your reply. It's much appreciated.

Czech Rep.
Level Contributor
74 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sintra Itinerary & Bus time to Cabo da Roca- Help needed!

Hi, I'd like to have the current information about the Scotturb buses.

We plan to do the trip:

1) Lisbon/S.Apolonia to Sintra (I guess urban train is the best)

2) Sintra - Pena palace - Sintra (bus 434 return)

3) Sintra - Cabo da Roca (bus 403)

4) Cabo da Roca - Cascais (bus 403)

5) Estoril - Lisbon/S.Apolonia (train?)

What are the current prices? Is it better to buy Scotturb day ticket for 12 EUR or single bus tickets for 2,3,4 ? I don't know the current prices and could not find them online. Thanks.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,381 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sintra Itinerary & Bus time to Cabo da Roca- Help needed!

To go to Sintra the best train station is Rossio.

The Scotturb Daily tourist ticket (12€) does not include the train, if you choose the Train & Bus it offers "integrated ticket with the Scotturb bus network called Train & Bus, which is ideal for tourist circuits. The ticket gets you to all the most important places of interest in and around Sintra, Cascais and Lisbon. The ticket is valid for one day (until mid-night) for an unlimited number of journeys on the CP Sintra, Cascais and all Scotturb bus services except: BusCas, Giro and Villa Express (ticket valid for one journey on line 435). This ticket can be loaded onto a “Viva Viagem” card and is valid for a single user. It costs €15"

The cost of the ticket purchased on board depends to where you're going (it's divided in zones), there are other tourist tickets in Sintra. www.scotturb.com/Default.aspx…

Czech Rep.
Level Contributor
74 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sintra Itinerary & Bus time to Cabo da Roca- Help needed!

Yes, I am aware of the combined ticket and I've already checked the prices for single rides, but have absolutely no idea what zones my routes (3, 4) are. Those are marked TB1, TB2, TB3 etc - www.scotturb.com/Default.aspx… and I cannot understand which of them should be applied to my routes. So I still don't know if it would be cheaper to buy return ticket for Rossio-Santa Apolonia + Scotturb day ticket & train for €15, or better to buy single tickets for the rides mentioned above

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,381 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sintra Itinerary & Bus time to Cabo da Roca- Help needed!

The single ticket for the train from Lisboa to Sintra and from Cascais to Lisboa it's 2,35€ each way (if you buy as single ticket (4 zones)) or 1,80€ if you use zapping (money loaded on the support card). The cost of the tickets for scotturb buses I have no idea, but if only the ticket for Pena costs around 5€, the one to Cascais via Cabo da Roca should be similar. Maybe in total you can have some savings by buying each ticket individually, if you "discover" the best possible combination of individual tickets...

7. Re: Sintra Itinerary & Bus time to Cabo da Roca- Help needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Sintra