We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sintra Day Trip

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Sintra Day Trip

We are planning a day trip from Lisbon to Sintra around Jan. 2-4, 2014 and are curious to know about the weather and hours of operation during this time. Are most of the sites open?

We are considering renting a car from Lisbon so we can easily see Sintra and nearby towns like Cascais. Is it easy to travel to and from Pena/Quinta de Regaleira/ Moors Castle/ National Palace by car or do you recommend parking the car in town and taking busses? Is there convenient parking at all of these sites?

Scotch Plains, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sintra Day Trip

We had a FULL day for Sintra...driving from Lisbon in a rental car (w/GPS) took 45 minutes into downtown, then we took the local buses to Pena Palace (a MUST) and walked extensively through the Moorish Castle, which was exciting and beautiful. After a tapas-style repaste, drove the LONG way to Cabo de Rocha (should've used the GPS to take the short-cut) and got back to our B&B in Lisbon within 10 hours. We didn't see EVERYTHING in Sintra, but what we did see was very memorable & interesting

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve
Level Contributor
14,188 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Sintra Day Trip

Very nice, thanks for sharing!

Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sintra Day Trip

I just saw the comments posted on Dec 12, 2013 which seem to refer to my bias posting with Space Shuttle. I want to clarify that I did NOT know Hugo until I used his service and have NEVER received any incentive from his company (Space Shuttle). I took my time providing him a good review because he did provide outstanding service and his quote was the best among all others I received. That is the ONLY reason I want to share my experience with him on TA!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sintra Day Trip

punamo: Thanks for clarifying something important to readers!

15. Re: Sintra Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 05:15
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now