We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ankle much improved.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
ankle much improved.

Hi just to let you know that a got my cast removed today dont need to go back to hospital doc said it will take a little while to get back to normal but in the main okay.So all going well Florence in late March then possible Madeira or Teneriffe in late April and a few more besides including definately Madeira in late Sept all going well.Think it will be Teneriffe owing to my ankle but time will tell Thanks for all the good wishes re my injury.

Glasgow Scotland
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ankle much improved.

That's good news Bob. Enjoy all your hols!!!

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ankle much improved.

Hi Bob,

Glad to hear you are now on the mend. Not too long to wait for Florence...

Enjoy yourself !

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,865 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ankle much improved.

Glad to hear you are on the mend Bob, at least it hasn't hindered your holiday plans too much. Hope you have some great holidays this year.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ankle much improved.

Nothing can keep you down Bob.Good to hear all going well with ankle.Have a look on the Thomas Cook style web site for Tenerife.They are doing some really good deals for end of May/June.

Been looking myself at the one you stopped at last year,the Sheraton,La Calleta.Let us know Bob by p/m what your views on the hotel are.We had a look inside last time we were in Tenerife.

Rob

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ankle much improved.

Hi it looks like i will be going to Teneriffe did not realize flower festival was on love Madeira but dont really fancy when it is too busy so it looks like all going well The Sheraton la colleta in mid April.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ankle much improved.

Hi Rob tried the personal message did not work probably me so will give my view of the Sheraton this way. It is a fine hotel staff excellent facilities very good in as you saw when you visited food good rooms fine i would not say up to the standard of The Cliff Bay but not that far behind. It is in a quiet area it does not have the charm of Funchal but if you stay clear of the tourist hell holes it is okay. Thanks for the info re Cooks but at that time all going well off to Sorrento.I intend to go with Jet 2 all going well compared to Cooks their planes are great much more leg room and their service when you get there is fine no rep but if you need them you can get in touch. Re cooks my travel agent friend says he thinks i should exercise caution when booking go to Madeira with them in Sept all going well he is a good friend and gives good advice.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ankle much improved.

Cheers Bob thanks for info.

Concerning your travel agent friend cautions about Madeira with Cooks i think i know what he means.Their flight to Madeira on the 25 June from Manchester(which is when i am thinking of going) are one minute available,then when you go on again to check prices are not available.Cannot work it out.If i had to have a guess i think they have cancelled the flight.

Rob

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ankle much improved.

Glad to hear your ankle has improved Bob and that you're able to plan your holidays again. All the best.

9. Re: ankle much improved.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2013, 10:21