We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

******AIr strikes called off******

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
******AIr strikes called off******

Just wanted this to stand out so no one misses it........Great news. Enjoy your holidays everyone.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189112-i331-k55…

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3970

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ******AIr strikes called off******

Oops, sorry about the typo!!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ******AIr strikes called off******

Excellent news.No more worrying now laptop & anyone else coming out.

Rob

Level Contributor
1,803 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ******AIr strikes called off******

Check with your airlines before you jump for joy! SATA made changes yesterday and as of the moment these changes are staying the same. In other words if you were to fly tomorrow and received an email informing you about your flight being postponed to another day, that change in schedule is not being changed back to the original flight time. So in my case, I was to arrive in Funchal tomorrow and now I wont be arriving until Sunday. The strike is called off but my plans have been altered. Oh well! Hopefully those flying other airlines will have better luck.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ******AIr strikes called off******

Sorry to hear that otrovaje, it's such a shame for you.

It must be very difficult for airlines to change back at this late stage after rearranging everything. TAP have stated on their web site that they will make every effort to reinstate its regular operation as much as possible...........but I imagine after rescheduling everything and (I believe) cancelling 149 flights this must be extremely difficult for them

tapportugal.com/LatestInfo/…

Edited: 28 June 2012, 12:06
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ******AIr strikes called off******

Thank you, Queen Mary. It is so nice to have someone acknowledge how I feel . It certainly makes it all very interesting to put it mildly.

Well, the good news in all of this is that the hotel, excursion companies and the Porto Santo lines have been extremely understanding and accommodating. I cant get over how incredibly nice they have been. I has made tough situation a little more bearable. Now the latest in that Sata is trying to reinstate the schedules to the original times. This is what the agent who called me said. It maybe that we will actually leave tonight instead of 4:30 and arrive tomorrow into Funchal. This would be fantastic but for now its just a matter of wait and see.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ******AIr strikes called off******

Fingers crossed for you otroviaje. Hope you'll soon be in Madeira relaxing.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
10,234 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ******AIr strikes called off******

But there are more planned for july & August....

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ******AIr strikes called off******

That's right. It was The NAV air traffic controllers strike that was called off which would have affected all airlines in Portugal.

The series of strikes that might still go ahead for various dates in July and August involve pilots and cabin crew of TAP flights only - see Andy H's post (no 49) about FCO advice on:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/…41924994

This article also explains more

theportugalnews.com/news/…26287

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ******AIr strikes called off******

Really organised. Packing complete - enjoyed doing this with peace of mind in knowledge that air strikes called off.

Lunching with some family members tomorrow then heading to Glasgow Airport Travel Lodge (in time to watch football) and of course flying out Monday morning.

Let the holiday begin!! (Shall report in due course)

Edited: 30 June 2012, 15:09
Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
10,234 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ******AIr strikes called off******

weather here very hot (don't forget the suncream, UVA very high) can only be drier and warmer than UK, enjoy your holiday.