We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Funchal now on street view

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Funchal now on street view

you can now walk the streets of Funchal (virtually) thanks to Google streetmap going live

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Funchal now on street view

SUNNDAYS

thanks for this...link does not seem to work..do you have another one?

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Funchal now on street view

just go to google maps and drag the small orange figure of a man on to the street you want to view

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,423 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Funchal now on street view

Nice one.I have tried every now & again to see if it had been done.

Anyone any idea when it was done or will it say a date on street view.At work now so cannot access it.

Rob

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Funchal now on street view

Thanks for that sunndays. That should be really useful, especially for people new to Funchal.

The only general problem with Google maps though is it only shows a snapshot in time which can soon become out of date and not reflect the current appearance. With all the construction work going on in Funchal, things will soon be changing quite significantly.....Still, at least it's a lot more up to date than using Google maps without streetview, that shows Pestana Promenade when it was still a construction site!!

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Funchal now on street view

Streetview images were taken October 2009 Rob.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
485 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Funchal now on street view

That`s so cool, have just been having a virtual stroll - makes me want to go back right now!

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Funchal now on street view

I also like to click my way through this site on a cold and rainy afternoon here in the UK. (more than probably most on the forum already use this site) but, for anyone new.....

http://virtual.visitmadeira.pt

Use the Search Drop Down Box in the Left Hand Corner of the screen. Lots to see from all over the island......

Again, not completely up to date images, but a great way to see what Madeira Island has to offer

8. Re: Funchal now on street view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 05:16