We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Postcard from Funchal

Glasgow Scotland
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Postcard from Funchal

Currently having a wonderful holiday. Weather fabulous. Too hot to do too much. Been to the Magic Teahouse and the Magic gardens. I was the only one there. It was like having my own private Madeira Garden. Also stopped off at the Qasbah and enjoyed the view. Have finally made it to the Electricity museum. I really enjoyed it. I will write reviews soon. Looking forward to the Fireworks tomorrow. There is a new pharmacy in the Lido area, also a new Italian restaurant, cafe/ bar and frozen yogurt cafe. There are workmen working in the Old Boutique Lido coffee shop. Still looks like quite a lot of work needed on the new road at the Pestana Promenade. Funchal seems very busy.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,186 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Postcard from Funchal

Glad it's all going well. We noticed the temperature was 28 degrees at about 6pm last night - getting really hot. We're due out on Monday :o) just missing the fireworks :o(

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Postcard from Funchal

Good to hear you are having a relaxing holiday Calderglen with fantastic weather.

Rob

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Postcard from Funchal

Calderglen glad you are having a great time.The new bar cafe you mentioned is very good had some food and beers there also with Marco Happy tours second office being there very handy indeed.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Postcard from Funchal

Glad you are having a good holiday and that weather is pleasant. It is also good new that Funchal is busy. Enjoy the fireworks at the weekend.

P.S. I am chilling out tonight after a hectic but very enjoyable week.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Postcard from Funchal

Sounds fantastic Calderglen. I hope the good weather continues for the rest of your stay and that you enjoy the fireworks. I'll be really interested to see your review later for the Electricity Museum as I've never been there.

I wonder what's happening at the Boutique Lido and whether it will be a coffee shop again? Interested to hear any further news about the new Lido road including when it's likely to open, sounds like that might not be soon.

Enjoy the rest of your stay and you too from Monday Maudsters.

Scotland
Level Contributor
228 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Postcard from Funchal

Glad you are having a good time Calderglen. The Electricity Museum is on my to do list but have not got there yet. Will look forward to your review. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and the good weather continues.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Postcard from Funchal

Thanks for the postcard from Funchal .So pleased you are enjoying your holiday and the weather is good too Looking forward to any further updates as we are suffering with withdrawal symptoms .

Glasgow Scotland
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Postcard from Funchal

Have had a wonderful time. Quite a few things ticked off my 'to do' list.

Still working at the Lido, no sign of it being open this morning when I passed.

New road opens tomorrow, I'm told Estrada Monumental will also close except for essential access.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Postcard from Funchal

Good to hear you have had a good holiday Calderglen.You certainly have had excellent weather.Maybe let us know when you return home what you managed to tick off on your "to do" list.

Must admit i have a long list but how many i manage to achieve who knows.

Have a pleasant trip home.

Rob

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Postcard from Funchal

Pleased to hear you are having a great holiday

Thought it was too good to be true that the Lido would open this week as stated in the local paper .

As for the new road , maybe it will be operational by the time we return at the end of August

Enjoy the remainder of your holiday .Very grateful for your updates .

Get answers to your questions about Madeira Islands