We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ribeiro frio

nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
55 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
ribeiro frio

could any one tell me the bus times to ribeiro frio and if i can do the pr 11 walk to the balcoes i am going the middle of april and would like to do tthis walk also the pr10walk.also i noticed that they were doing re-pairs along the prom walk to camara das labos and when someone did this walk they had to turn back as it was closed.Thanks

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ribeiro frio

I doubt very much that the tunnel at Doca dos Cavacas will be open by mid April .You can make a detour near that point by walking up to the top road near the Forum Shopping Mall , continue towards the Madeira Regency Palace Hotel and walk back down to the coastal path .

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,304 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ribeiro frio

I do the walk from Praia Formosa to C do L every day and have only had to turn back once. It is rarely closed but the tunnel is usually closed during Winter because of high seas. As Mike says, there is a road which takes you down to the walk. You can still walk from Lido to Doca tos Cavacas and up on to the road to continue the walk.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ribeiro frio

The walk to Balcoes can be done, but the one to Portela probably NOT for all year, according to the Current Update at sunflowerbooks.co.uk/product/walking-in-made… , walk 25

You can always ask www.madeira-levada-walks.com about it

It's bus 56 at 8.10 or 10.00 weekdays, 10.00 Saturdays, 10.30 Sundays

see www.horariosdofunchal.pt Interurban route to Santana . Bus station at Cable car Old Town

On weekdays you can come back from Ribeiro Frio at about 13.15 and just after 6 PM, on weekends only just after 6 PM

Edited: 10 March 2014, 11:31
4. Re: ribeiro frio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:18