We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belmond Reid´s Palace

funchal
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Belmond Reid´s Palace

" Belmond Reid´s Palace " is the new name of the " Reid´s Palace " as from today .

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belmond Reid´s Palace

Chavesdeoura - Thank you for the information . I have researched the Belmond group ,and it appears they have hotels in many countries ,even in the UK ( Oxford ). The one in Venice is called Belmond Cipriani which , for those of you who do not know , is the name of one of Reids Palace 's Restaurants (Villa Cipriani ) .

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
England, United...
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belmond Reid´s Palace

The hotels are still under the same ownership (Orient-Express Hotels Limited) but now have the new brand name. www.belmond.com/web/luxury/press/4_190035.jsp

Edited: 11 March 2014, 11:50
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belmond Reid´s Palace

QM - I should have said the Belmond brand name and not group . I had not realised that there were so many hotels in that group until I looked into it .

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belmond Reid´s Palace

I knew of some Mike but not all. They all look fantastic. The Oxford hotel you referred to is still part owned by Raymond Blanc who I've only just found out is also Vice President of Orient Express Hotels.

Thanks for the information Chavesdeoro.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belmond Reid´s Palace

Frankly why change the name hotel has been known as Reids Palace for many years and i think most people will still use the old name.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,601 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Belmond Reid´s Palace

the owners want to 'create a new image for the Company' how will a name change do that?? Reids will always be Reids, unless they spoil it and update it. Not my favourite place but it does have loads of charm and opulence. If it ain't broke, don't mend it.....

7. Re: Belmond Reid´s Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:19