We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips

Warsaw
Level Contributor
86 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips

Hi all

I am checking day trips in Madeira (as Madeira Happy Tours have such good opinions, I will probably go with them) and I understand there are 4 main trips: east, west, north, south.

We will have time only for 3 full day trips and I really don't know which one to reject. Any suggestions?

What is absolutely must see? I wouldn't like to miss it :)

Another trip (half-day) is Nun's Valley. I think we will take this one as well.

Thanks

brasilka

Tropical Treasures
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Extramile Madeira
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Bike Tours, Climbing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
My Guide Madeira
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,733 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips

Madeira Happy Tours are an excellent company .The West tour is my favourite ,but Nuns Valley is well worth doing .

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips

Czesc, Brasilka,

I would skip the South tour. I didn't even know there was one. The other 3 are much more interesting, East and West the most, but North gives you the chance to visit the caves in Sao Vicente if you're interested.

If you like hiking a little, you could go to www.eiradoserrado.com by bus, then walk down to Curral (starts to the right of the hotel) and back by bus. 82, I think. www.tjwalking-madeira.com , Bus guide, free bus guide.

It's steeply down but not dangerous.

Mentioned in this post
Sao Vicente
Sao Vicente
Madeira, Portugal
3. Re: Day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 06:18