We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather conditions

Jerusalem...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather conditions

Hi everyone,

We are planning to come to Madeira on eraly May, and we were wondering about the weather. We will spend most of our time in Funchal but also we also plan to travel in the island.

Will we need long shirts in the evening? and what about the humidity during the day - how bad is it?

Thanks, Galit & Benny

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
8,740 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather conditions

On the right at the top of the page, click on what is the weather like

also go to the Madeira Islands forum and do the same, there is more info on that forum page.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather conditions

It will be around 22 degrees, not humid but quite excellent. Some years (2012) there have been much warmer days but usually it only heats up later in May.

www.wunderground.com for Funchal has all the daily statistics

Normally you dont need long sleeves in the evening but there have been cool May days.

I always wear shorts and short sleeves, all year round, but last January I noticed that the locals dress up much warmer. I was often the only one in shorts. People even wore hats !!

Jerusalem...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather conditions

Thanks a lot! This really helps.

4. Re: Weather conditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Madeira