We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in October

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
weather in October

We are looking at madeira as an option for a family holiday in october half term. Can anyone confirm if theyve been this time of year and if the weather is still hot?

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
720 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in October

Forum contributors have had various weather "experiences" in October. We were there in October a couple of years back for a fortnight and we had lovely weather for the first week but torrential rain for most of the second week. Others who were there for different weeks reported OK weather throughout. As regards temperature, "hot" means different things to different people. You can look up the averages (which are pretty meaningless for an individual trip) on most of the weather channels.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in October

I have been to Madeira only once in October (many years ago). Three out of the seven days were quite overcast (though still pleasant for walking around). The other four days were sunny and suitable for sunbathing . As has been said before the weather in Madeira is becoming more and more unpredictable .

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,555 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in October

This will be our third year going in Oct & weather has been very good so far!!

We go very early Oct but half term is towards back end of the month.In my opinion i think Oct is the month when temps start to slide & maybe more rain,so may be a bit of a difference weather wise between early & late Oct.

Rob

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in October

It was Scottish mid term I visited (mid to late October) and it was towards the end of the week the weather began to deteriorate so you're probably right Rob. Having said that, I was in Madeira for New Year a couple of years ago and it was shorts and Tshirt weather most of the time (at least during the day) so as I say the weather really is quite difficult to predict.

Funchal, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in October

Whatever the weather the sea temperature in October will still be warm enough for swimming - about 23 degrees.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in October

Been fairly often in early October weather usually good but had some not so nice days. Agree weather is changing this time on my last visit in June mainly sunny time usually in Funchal anyway cloudy at times known as the carpet month i am told but from recent posts rest of time has been fairly cloudy at times. Anyway have a nice time.

7. Re: weather in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:18