We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car in Madeira - Funchal

1 post
Save Topic
Renting a car in Madeira - Funchal

Hello, i am writing this text because i would like to give you a feedback of my experience with Rodavante Rent a Car Agency at Madeira Island. On the day of the initiation of the rental period, the car was only delivered to me one hour and a quarter after the initial pick up time established. This obviously delay my plans for the day and i had to make changes to my initial plans for the rental period. After that i occupy my self with the paperwork, that took a while and then finally we went to see the car. I also would like to mention that the initial car informed by the agency was the Seat Ibiza 5 door and the rented car by the agency was the Ford Fiesta 5 door (2013 model). When we arrived at the car we made an inspection to the car looking for damages (Scratches, nicks, dents, broken parts etc.). I would like to mention that this car was full of damages like this so the inspection took a while. I also would like to mention that the car was delivered with a little more of one quarter of deposit when what was previously informed was that the car would be delivered with full deposit. After all this i finally started my rental period with this car and my plans for my vacation in the Island. During the 3 days rental period all went well with the car, and i had all the entire care with it, inclusively i had the concern to as much as possible to park the car in paid parks where is supposed to be more secure. When the delivery day arrived i delivered the car at the time previously established with the Rent a car Agency with a little more of half deposit. We went to make the delivery inspection and for my bitter surprise the Rent a Car Agency employee discovered a tiny nick in the right rear panel that was not marked in the initial inspection. I would like to mention that this tiny nick was barely visible and only if you looked with all the attention and with the right amount of light you would see it. Surely this tiny nick was not seen in the initial inspection and was already there. For this tiny nick, with all the damage the car already had, the rent a car agency charged me €90. As you can see my experience with this rent a car agency was very negative, and the overall feeling i have is that the main objective of this agency is to exploit the clients at all costs. My objective with this feedback is to share my experience with the internet community in the hope that my experience will help other people to make informed decisions in the rent a car area.

Mentioned in this post
Madeira Island Tours
Madeira Island Tours
240 Reviews
Madeira, Portugal
Ibiza
Ibiza
Balearic Islands, Spain
1. Re: Renting a car in Madeira - Funchal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:16