We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking flowers on Easyjet?

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Taking flowers on Easyjet?

Anyone brought flowers home on Easyjet recently? Any problems with this or extra charges? No trouble previously with BA but would appreciate an update. Thanks.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking flowers on Easyjet?

Any updates on bringing flowers back on Easyjet, please?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking flowers on Easyjet?

OK, I will fill in here. Although I have not brought back flowers from my many trips to Madeira I have seen plenty folk who do. Standard procedure is to ensure that your flower seller provides you with a cardboard flower box (most do, its about 1m long x 200mm wide x 100mm deep) and all will be well. Your blooms will travel safely and hopefully arrive in one piece. The airlines expect this and see it every day.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
9,593 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking flowers on Easyjet?

Although most flights take flowers for free, I have heard that Easyjet charge, but I cannot find anyone who really knows and I haven't been to the airport recently. I think to be sure, I would ask Easyjet via their website or telephone them if you can. If I find out anything in the meantime, I will post on the forum.

london
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking flowers on Easyjet?

When I came back from funchal with easyjet at the airport the people in front of me in check-in had a problem with those boxed flowers and I couldn't hear all of the info about this but whether there was a extra charge but they were not very happy and looked around and got hold of a loose type bag to put them in and I think they took them as hand baggage. Maybe as its easyjet policy to book in advance any extras, but I should imagine its not so easy about things you buy while on vacation, certainly needs checking beforehand, good luck.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,593 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking flowers on Easyjet?

On all other airlines, it is a free and easy service to take a box of flowers back from Madeira. The box is checked in and tagged and goes in a temperature controlled hold and comes back off the carousell at your destination. However, it may be that because Easyjet is a basic airline, and only started up in October in Madeira, they may have a 'charge for everything' policy. I am trying to get more info on this and will post asap.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking flowers on Easyjet?

Thanks for replies so far. Keep them coming!

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,593 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking flowers on Easyjet?

This is what I have been told today. Easyjet obviously have no policy as regards taking boxes of flowers from holiday destinations. I am told that if the flower boxes are no larger than the hand luggage size (55 x 40 x 20cm)they can go as hand luggage and you have to take them in the aircraft and stored in the overhead lockers, but I am sure the boxes are larger than that. If they are two big for hand luggage then they can go in the luggage hold and there is a charge for hold luggage (£5 or £10 depending on how you book the luggage). Personally I would not take flowers in these circumstances as they will be crushed to nothing with the other suitcases,and they will also risk being spoilt if you can get them in the overhead lockers as they always seem to be crammed full. It is a shame really because every other airline flying from Madeira stores flower boxes, free, in a seperate hold with temperature control, but Easyjet do not seem to be prepared to do that.Hope this helps but if anyone has any further info after flying with Easyjet it would help to post it for everyone.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taking flowers on Easyjet?

Thank you. This is what I'd guess. We've brought flowers back on BA before without problems but, with more people taking hand-luggage only, locker space is at a premium for those who've paid more for checked-in baggage. As you say, it sounds as if this is no longer a viable option. Maybe we'll buy some flowers at the start of our holiday and enjoy them during our stay.

London
Level Contributor
89 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taking flowers on Easyjet?

I bought flowers back on Easy Jet as hand luggage. They weren't boxed & i had no problems. They didn't charge any extra.

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,768 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taking flowers on Easyjet?

Hi, this is not actualy a reply to the above question but a new one. Is it possible to buy the flowers at the airport or should we buy them elsewhere... and if so where?

Many thanks,

Peter.

Get answers to your questions about Funchal