We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Size of supermarkets

Nr.London, England
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Size of supermarkets

We are coming to Madeira tomorrow and would like some information on Supermarkets. Which is the bigger (with more choice) - the Pingo Doce in Calheta or either of the Supermarkets in Ribeira Brava. Also, do they have easy parking?

Many thanks for your help,

Michelle

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Size of supermarkets

Having been to a few Pingo Doce's in Portugal, I'd say they are all the same in size more or less, except the big Hipers.

If it helps: the Pingo Doce website mentions a parking place for Calheta but not for Ribeira Brava.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Size of supermarkets

Too late for this poster, but Pingo Doce in Calheta is ample for holidays.

But Modelo and SA in Ribeira Brava are bigger / better stocked, in my oppinion.

We stayed in Jardim last week and mainly used Pingo Doce.

Nr.London, England
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Size of supermarkets

Thank you - not too late at all!

I (being very sad) love looking around foreign supermarkets and was a bit disappointed with the Pingo Doce in Calheta, fine for a few bits but very lacking for the "involved" self caterer!

We will be trying Ribeiro Brava tomorrow, so hopefully I can get my "fix" then!

Thanks for your help!

Michelle

4. Re: Size of supermarkets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Funchal