We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madeira weather in January

London, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Madeira weather in January

Does anyone know how warm/cold it is in the first week of january? Am considering a holiday in Madeira then, but need your advice please.

Mike

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madeira weather in January

We stayed for one week in January in Funchal and the weather was mostly sunny and dry, temperatures about 20 C. But watch out: in other parts of the island the climate is quite different. In the mountains there is a lot of fog (sometimes reaching until the upper suburbs of Funchal) and rain. Also on the north coast there is a lot more rain and sometimes strong wind.

Dereham, Norfolk
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Madeira weather in January

I agree with Oller. It can be changeable but on the whole is warm with the occasional hotish day. Take a jumper just in case!

CARDIFF
Level Contributor
137 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madeira weather in January

Hi

I have been to Funchal in various times of the year and its almost a very pleasant change to the wind and rain and home.,..go you will have fun!!

SARAH

Wakefield
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madeira weather in January

hi

i was there jan last year, in funchal, very changeable, some sun, some very heavy rain, it even snowed!!!! beautiful place though i am planing to return early feb myself

Don

BIK
Kent
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Madeira weather in January

Very good in South coast. 20������������������ and open sun :)

Bill