We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orchids

Which Funchal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Orchids

I'm heading to Madeira on Thursday (19th) for two weeks with my orchid mad daughter and wondered if anybody could recommend the best places to see some (the more unusual the better!!). We will be heading down to the Flower Festival over the first weekend so hopefully will see some then but I'm thinking more of gardens or shops etc. We are staying in the Pestana Grand and will be relying on public transport/taxis/walking to get around.

Thanks for your help.

Funchal, Madeira
Level Contributor
366 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orchids

Pregetter's Orchid Garden. Some good comments here: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g189167-d6…

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
47 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orchids

A smaller orchid farm/centre is located at the junction of Dos Saltos and Ave DonJoao . Sorry I can't remember what they call themselves. They are next door to the English school. The lady there speaks some english and is very knowledgeable about orchids.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
47 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orchids

madeiraweb.info/indexet/…orchidfarm.html

Here is a link to the orchid farm I mentioned in last post.

Funchal, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orchids

There is also a small collection of orchids growing outdoors at the Jardim Botanico. These gardens are well worth a visit for any garden lover, and also offer lovely views over the city of Funchal. You can get a bus or cable car to Monte, then another cable car or walk to the Botanical Gardens. There is also a regular bus service to the gardens from the city by the Avenida do Mar.

5. Re: Orchids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 14:42
Get answers to your questions about Funchal