We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

two questions please

London, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
two questions please

hello,firstly can anyone give me a idea of what to expect

of the weather in early november,and secondly dare i ask

about the drinks prices at the reids palace.thank you.

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: two questions please

Madeiran weather is notoriously difficult to predict, to the extent that I have stopped even trying! In addition, please bear in mind that different parts of the island can have quite different weather on the same day. For example, the north coast can be cloudy and damp whilst the south coast can be sunny and dry - there are many other variables. I have visited Madeira in November, and during a two week stay I recall warm days without coats and cooler evenings when a cardigan is required. You may also get several days of rain during a two week period but, with luck, these will be showers rather than prolonged spells.

Sorry, never been to Reids but if it's any guide I hear that afternoon tea is about 30euros per person. I strongly suspect drinks will be expensive!

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: two questions please

have a look at-accuweather-type in your desired location

the accuracy of this site is unbelievable

Funchal, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: two questions please

We had cocktails at Reid's in June and I think the cost was about 56€ for 4 of us. The prices also include a delicious assortment of canapes.

However you don't just go to Reid's for the drinks, the views from the terrace are sensational, the whole place has a wonderful ambience and of course the service is excellent.

Drinks at Reid's are a must for any visitor to Funchal, budget permitting. The daytime views are lovely, and in November it will get dark about 19:00 ish, so you will be able to watch the city light up at night. I'm looking forward to a glass of Madeira wine on Reid's terrace in November - missed out last week as it was too hot!

London, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: two questions please

Thank you for your replys,you have all been most helpful

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
9,591 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: two questions please

Every 2nd Thursday each month Reid's have 'Drinks & Reids' evening where guests buy one and the next one is free, between 7.30 & 9.30. Swing Feel Band entertaining.

durham
Level Contributor
194 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: two questions please

That's worth knowing flowercity. Thank you. We go back to Madeira on Monday and will fall in nicely for this. Always mean to call at Reids when passing, but never actually got round to it.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: two questions please

Here are some details with prices of the various things they do at Reid's (including Drinks & Reid's) :-

reidspalace.com/web/…calendar_of_events.jsp

They also do a champagne buffet on Tuesdays with unlimited champagne. It seems to only be advertised as an extra for guests but certainly used to be bookable by non-residents.

reidspalace.com/web/…omad_extras_upgrade.jsp

Hope you have a good time jgoodenough2 and enjoy your return visit sheba38.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: two questions please

A glass of champagne is about 19 Euro, so that shows something...

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: two questions please

€19!!....No wonder they can give you the next one free

Rob

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: two questions please

19 Euro is not so bad. In the Paris top hotels it is 30 Euro (or 55 for a High Tea).

Get answers to your questions about Funchal