We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

resturants new years eve 2013

england
Level Contributor
66 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
resturants new years eve 2013

Could anyone recommend a nice resturant in funchel for new years eve.i have been to funchal several times and have been to mozarts a few times but there menu new years eve is 120 euros per person.so therefore looking for a nice resturant at a cheaper price. if anyone has any phone numbers it would be appreciated.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,601 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: resturants new years eve 2013

I doubt if anyone will take bookings this early, lots can happen throughout the year. €120 for NYE is not uncommon, the one night of the year when prices are sky high. I would wait until the end of the Summer season and see who is open and what they plan. Alternatively, have a read of the restaurant reviews here and then decide later in the year. No-one will have menus or prices at this point.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,838 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: resturants new years eve 2013

Yes, you're right €120 does seem a lot but Flowercity is right, prices do tend to be very high for New Year's Eve.

We went to The Forte for New Year's Eve a year ago. We put our names on their list the previous May and had to wait a long while for the details to be finalised. We were also initially really shocked by the price and did consider cancelling but after checking other places almost everywhere seemed expensive.

Don't forget when comparing prices to include everything you might spend on the night. As well as the meal, the Forte price included all drinks (bubbly, wine, liquers, brandy, coffee, water and an open bar all evening), also entertainment, a view of the fireworks from the top of the Fort and music until way past 3.00. We had a fantastic evening and may never get the chance to do it again.

That said, I imagine there are cheaper alternatives especially if you want something less formal and just being in Madeira for New Year's Eve would be special.

Mentioned in this post
Madeira
Madeira
Madeira Islands, Portugal
3. Re: resturants new years eve 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 23:16