We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafront works

kidderminster
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Seafront works

Has anyone any idea how long the works outside the Santa Maria hotel will go on for ?

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafront works

long thread on this subject already running

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
720 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafront works

In fact there have been two threads on this, one headed "Seafront works" and one headed "Having trouble deciding on a hotel".

In the first, one writer suggested that the work in the immediate area of the Porto Santa Maria might be completed by May. In the second, a contributor quoted the manager of that hotel as saying he saw the work going on until October.

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafront works

For what it's worth, the Thomson rep told us that it is hoped to complete all the seafront works by Xmas 2013, given reasonable weather this year.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafront works

Let us hope that information is correct ,but I will believe it when I see it .Keep watching the webcams .

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seafront works

From feedback and observation of webcam I would say May is a no no. Towards end of 2013 is the more likely scenario.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seafront works

Agreeded i think the end of the year is possible but more likely sometime early next year.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
9,585 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seafront works

The project is scheduled to take two years but that does not necessarily mean that P.S.M will have the noise for the whole time, the work will move along the seafront

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seafront works

Yes , I am sure I read somewhere on TA that the manager of PSM had said the work in front of the hotel was scheduled to finish in May .

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
720 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seafront works

Mike: See post No 2 above.

Funchal, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seafront works

There was an aerial photo of the seafront on the front page of Diario de Noticias 21st of January which shows just how much work has already been completed, and also gives a good idea of what the final outcome will look like. The section in front of The Hotel Porto Santa Maria looks as though most of the earth and rock moving - which created most of the noise - has been completed.

Get answers to your questions about Funchal