We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Savoy Gardens

England
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Savoy Gardens

Hi,

Does anyone have any info on the cost of Alcoholic drinks at the Savoy Gardens?

Beer / Wine / Spirits etc.

Just trying to work out my budget for my forthcoming visit. ;-)

Mike.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
9,392 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Savoy Gardens

buying drinks at Hotels are almost certain to be much more expensive than using local bars or supermarkets. Small beer in bars is around €1.20 upwards, spirits around €3 but they are large measures, wine from €2 per glass. In the supermarket beer is around 50cents a bottle, wine from €2 a bottle spirits around €10 a bottle.. There is a very good bar/restaurant down the hill from the Hotel (The White House) which does good food and drinks and has puitside seating as well as inside. A little further down is the 'Local Bar' also reasonable prices, but smoking allowed inside. I'm sorry I haven't specifically answered you question, but this gives you an idea.

England
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Savoy Gardens

I fully understand what you are saying, but I will be staying at the Savoy, so will invariably be paying their prices. Just wanted to know how much it was going to cost me to drink there.

Thanks for the advice tho ;-)

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
9,392 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Savoy Gardens

I've read through some of the reviews for the Hotel here on TA and at least one review is complaining at the very high cost of drinks there, so I would say they will be at least twice the price and bottles of wine will most certainly be around €15. Sorry I can't be more accurate than that. Enjoy your holiday.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Savoy Gardens

We were chatting to a couple at a table next to ours in a restaurant in Funchal during our last visit, and they were telling us how they had been charged 6 euros for a bottle of water at their hotel in the Lido area! We advised them to go to the local supermarket on their way back to the hotel that evening!

England
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Savoy Gardens

Did no one drink there? ;-)

Stevenage, England...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Savoy Gardens

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Savoy Gardens. As a guide, we paid 8.80 Euros for a large beer and a Grand marnier in the Magnolia lounge in the evenings and 6.40 Euros for a small beer and a glass of house white in the restaurant. The prices are higher than bars, but that is to be expected.

Edited: 31 May 2013, 13:19
7. Re: Hotel Savoy Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 07:17