We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Ships

Hessle, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Ships

Does anyone know how to find out which days there will be cruise ships in port so we can plan our cable car trip. We are staying for a week from 9 September at the Porto Santa Maria so hoping the works will be nearly complete by then.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Ships

there is a noticeboard in the hotel telling you days and what ships are in , works are ongoing lots of work directly outside of hotel its progressing but cant see it changing a lot by Sep maybe less of the big construction work but there would still be ground work going on I would imagine

Hessle, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise Ships

Thank you for your quick response, the noticeboard will be useful as I would imagine most things will be pretty busy on port days. Not planning on spending too much time in the hotel so hopefully the works won't bother us too much.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
9,423 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise Ships

This site has cruise movements

www.cruisecal.com

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise Ships

normabYorkshire - If you log in to www.madeiraweb.com/camera-04 .at the bottom of the page you will see Cruise Ship Activity ,click on that and then click on ships movements ,where you will find all the cruise ships that will be arriving in Funchal .

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise Ships

normabYorkshire - Sorry ,my link is not working very well .You need the cruise ship webcam ,and then scroll down as described above .

September cruise ships ;-

5th ,8th ,9th ,15th ,16th ,19th ,23rd ,30th

Hessle, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise Ships

Thanks, I'll try that.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise Ships

cruise calender at www.portosdamadeira.com/index2.php?t=2&l=uk

click on ships movements on top

Edited: 02 July 2013, 17:34
Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise Ships

Thanks dutchguy . My explanation was pathetic .The original poster should have no problems from your link .

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise Ships

The cable car from the botanical gardens to monte is working, we got a taxi up there and caught the cable car

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruise Ships

The cable car from Funchal to Monte was closed on the 17th June for 5 days for maintenance but they planned it well as there were no cruise ships in during the maintenance period .