We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What a lovely time we had

wokingham berkshire...
Level Contributor
61 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
What a lovely time we had

Well my husband and I came back on Monday the 12th after two glorious weeks in Madeira, staying yet again at the Eden Mar. Fourth time there and we will go back.

The hotel was as nice as ever, lovely staff, lovely breakfasts (we both ate toooo much). Plenty of sun beds, umbrellas (although some were a bit wonky and needed replacing). Some of the evening entertainment was great, especially the blues band that we saw twice over the two weeks.

We ate out every evening returning to some of the restaurants a couple of times.

The lido area is looking nice and the new road works on the main road caused no disturbances for us, actually the new road made walking up the hill to the Forum Shopping area easier ( mind you the last time we were there, I was about 6 stone lighter so may have made walk seem easier too :) ). I have kept receipts from restaurants that we went to so I could do a write up on them when I have a bit more time, hopefully next week.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
2,609 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What a lovely time we had

stcrispins - Pleased to hear you enjoyed your holiday ,especially as you stayed at the the Eden Mar .We stay at the Porto Mare ,what a fanastic hotel complex .Also good to hear that the new road in the Lido area is not causing any problems .

Looking forward to any reviews you wish to share with us .

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What a lovely time we had

Glad you had a great holiday your hotel is excellent and glad new road seems to be causing few problems.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What a lovely time we had

Glad you had a good time stcrispins. I've not stayed at Eden Mar but I have walked round the complex and the gardens are very pretty. I've also been there a few times to see the Black Dog Blues band and also Sangre Latino (both very good).

Good to hear about the new road. I assume it's still used for traffic both ways so that once the top road is open things will improve even further.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What a lovely time we had

Great post to read.Pleased you had a good time at the Eden Mar & Madeira.

Dont forget to put some reviews on.

Rob

Edited: 18 August 2013, 09:29
London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What a lovely time we had

The new road did seem to be working very efficiently when I last saw it - and I guess it will only improve when the "old" road is re-opened to make it a one-way system - although I guess the top part will remain two-way for part of its length.

6. Re: What a lovely time we had

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Funchal