We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening Entertainment in Funchal

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Evening Entertainment in Funchal

Hi, we are a couple in our late fifties and thinking about taking a holiday in Funchal. We like to be a bit lazy in the day maybe a bit of walking and sight seeing but like to have a bit of entertainment in the evening and hopefully a bit of a dance to 60s/motown music. Are we likely to find that sort of thing in Funchal or is it completely laid back?

Any advice much appreciated.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening Entertainment in Funchal

Many of the hotels provide entertainment .At the Porto Mare Hotel where we always stay ,there is a duo ( keyboard / singer ) who perform almost every night in one of the bars and guests get up to dance .( waltz .jive etc. ). There are also other bands /groups /magic in another bar also .

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening Entertainment in Funchal

Thanks for your very prompt response. Do you need to be staying in the hotel or are you ok to go over for the evening? Although I have looked at the Porto Mare I was thinking of booking an all inclusive to keep costs down.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening Entertainment in Funchal

You will be very welcome in the bars of the Porto Mare Complex as you would be buying drinks .The Enotel Lido Hotel is next door but one and is All Inclusive .

Durham
Level Contributor
5,073 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening Entertainment in Funchal

Don't book all inclusive. Food and drink are not expensive and there are much better things to do in Madeira than spending a lot of time in a hotel.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening Entertainment in Funchal

Thanks, will check out the prices for both of these and will definitely be booking very soon as this sounds such a lovely place.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening Entertainment in Funchal

I also agree with the last post . Did not mention it in my previous post as everyone is entitled to a personal choice .All inclusive may be OK in some destinations but personally I think there is so much to do and see in Madeira .We prefer b & b in Madeira as there is such a fantastic choice of good , reasonable restaurants .

AllenGAllenG
Level Contributor
35 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening Entertainment in Funchal

When I was tn the Porto Mare complex just before christmas they stipulated a minimum spend on drinks for non residents using the hotel bars I think it was around Eur 8 pp but I am not sure neither do I know how they enforce this .

Nice hotel though with good facilities.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,299 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Evening Entertainment in Funchal

Agreeing with all the posts re B & B, you will miss out on some fab eating experiences, which are not expensive and give much more choice. AI is relatively new in Madeira and you are tied to a Hotel, which if you are not happy with, you are stuck with.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Evening Entertainment in Funchal

Thanks to you all for your advice, I am looking into the prices for both of these and if Porto Mare is not too expensive will probably go with that as it does look lovely.

UK
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Evening Entertainment in Funchal

En hotel recent takeover??

agree entirely with above. Would go all inclusive at Cliff bay Not available.!!

regmaiche

Get answers to your questions about Funchal