We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New years eve 2014/2015

Palm Coast, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
New years eve 2014/2015

Where is the best location/hotel to see the fireworks?

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,309 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New years eve 2014/2015

Panaramico Hotel is above the football and you can see the whole amphitheater of Funchal which has the display. Usually about 30 stations of fireworks in the harbor and the surrounding areas. It has a great view and probably the best of all the Hotels, many minibuses and people from nearby go to see them

funchal
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New years eve 2014/2015

Flowercity is rigth.

I confirm it... I go there year after year on the last 20 years and I am not going to change on the next 50 years.

I am only 67... Lol

Edited: 12 February 2014, 14:59
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New years eve 2014/2015

I always watch it from the marina, on the furthest wall but one has to stand up. I kept sitting and had a few people standing in front of me who blocked my view partially. That's about the view that cruise ship passengers have, but nearer.

If you want it comfortably , the roof terrace of 5-star The Vine hotel is best, I think. They sell tickets for non-guests (ask them about that), In reviews one can read it is the best place for it.

From further away hotels like Panoramico one has a more general view of the whole dispay of all the various sites, but I like it more spectacular, so there's a choice to make.

Some hotels shuttle their guests to the football stadium.

A top hotel like Reid's Palace also has a great view (check out pictures)

I'd go for The Vine.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New years eve 2014/2015

If i was fortunate enough to go & watch the fireworks on NYE i would not go anywhere else to view them than the Hotel Panoramico.You will see every firework being let off in the whole of Funchal from up there.

Viewing them from a hotel on the front you will miss a lot of the fireworks.Would be like watching a football match standing on the touch line!!

Rob

Glasgow Scotland
Level Contributor
2,376 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New years eve 2014/2015

Hotel Panoramico for me too.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: New years eve 2014/2015

where is this hotel? I cannot find it on google!

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,309 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New years eve 2014/2015

It is above the Football ground, if you co to the website (there is an English version) click on location and there is the address and map

madeira-panoramico.com/en/hotel-directions.h…

Rua Estados Unidos da America

Toronto
Level Contributor
92 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New years eve 2014/2015

As accessability is a major problem for me and we are outside of the city can someone give me more details on the logistics around the hotel? Parking etc.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,309 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New years eve 2014/2015

It isn't the widest road but it will be as busy as the marina area. It is on a hill with several corners nearby plus a bus stop, which should be (but probably won't be) kept clear. It is a very popular place for watching the fireworks .My recollection is that there is no parking spaces as such. I will try and drive round there over the next few days and check. I live not too far away.

Chavesdeouro may have better info as I believe he goes there for New Year.

10. Re: New years eve 2014/2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Funchal