We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Int'l phone calling

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
448 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Int'l phone calling

What's the best/cheapest way make calls to the USA from Madeira? I've read so many horror stories about the iPhone & excessive data usage that I'm inclined to leave it home and bring my husband's simple cell phone. I can get a Lebara Sim Card for France and Spain, but I'm not sure what to do for calls from Portugal. Prepaid calling card? (And I should probably buy a USA to Madeira card for our son so the grandkids can call us when they want to--we'll be gone a month. First time ever that we've done that and this seems like the last snafu.) Many thanks for your help.

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Int'l phone calling

Buy an International Phone Card or find an Internet Cafe with Skype.

2. Re: Int'l phone calling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Funchal