We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flower festival 2015

Which Funchal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flower festival 2015

I have booked hotel and flights for the time of the flower festival next year. Does anyone know how to book seats for the parade, please?

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flower festival 2015

Try sending an email to geringonca87@gmail.com

www.geringonca.pt

It might have changed though and you can try through your hotel.

Edited: 09 May 2014, 17:53
Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
8,924 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flower festival 2015

Although the present dates show the festival as 19th April, it may be possible that it will stay as May. It did change but no-one seems to know if it will stay as May or continue as usual two weeks after Easter. If I find out anything definite I will post but it is way too early yet.

Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flower festival 2015

Flower Festival, definitely 19th to 25th April 2015, is much better if viewed from the stand, because, from the roadside, you think you have a great vantage point and then, when the parade comes, people will step out into the road right in front of you!!

Your hotel should, if a good one, be allocated a block of seats to sell and should be able to sort you out when you are there. How far in advance you can book by other means I am not sure. When looking at the plan of the seats, just make sure you are not behind on obstacle or a lamp post! When we last went the seats were 25 euros each, but may well have gone up, we have not been for a couple of years.

Hope this helps. If you have not been before it is well worth seeing. There are usually about 8 floats, decked with flowers and on a different aspect of the year's over-all theme. Each float is accompanied by several groups of dancers, all in amazing costumes. Once you have enjoyed the parade from the stand, where it arrives early in the proceedings, you can even catch it again, on foot, at a further point along its route.

Do hope this is useful - as you posted in May you may be all sorted out anyway, but I thought it worth the reply.

Canico, Madeira
Level Contributor
92 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flower festival 2015

Flower festival normally runs from Wednesday-Sunday the day of the main parade so these dates dont add up?????

Canico, Madeira
Level Contributor
92 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flower festival 2015

The dates on the tourist board site show it as the 16-19 April, so the main parade will be the Sunday 19th.

It will be bad for tourists if this date was to change.

Tobi in Madeira.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flower festival 2015

I agree with Tobi .It appears that the Wall of Hope will be on Saturday 18th April 2015 and the main parade on Sunday 19th April .2015 .

It is confusing as in 2013 it was on the 11th and 12th May and in 2014 it was on the 3rd and 4th May .So it is back to April for next year .

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flower festival 2015

what time does the parade begin / finish?

I work on a cruise ship we arrive at 12:30pm on the Sunday, main parade day, will the streets be conjjested with tourists from early afternoon?

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flower festival 2015

The Sunday parade usually starts at 4pm and lasts about 2 hours . It will be very busy for most of the day as it is a popular event and attracts hundreds of spectators .

Cheltenham, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flower festival 2015

Please can anyone confirm the dates of the Madeira Flower Festival for 2015. Is the parade on 19th April?

Many thanks.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flower festival 2015

Yes ,the main parade is on Sunday 19th April .

Get answers to your questions about Funchal