We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep Trips

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Jeep Trips

Just returned from an excellent jeep trip in the East .Driver excellent used same company on Monday enjoyed trip greatly.Always use Happy Tours who use an excellent company.There area lot of companies who give jeep tours some excellent and others less so So i would advise any body planning such a trip to consult good local companies like Happy Tours Madeira Seekers Madeira Flora and Fauna before undertaking such trips.

Madeira Sidecar Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Lido Tours
Day Trips, Walking Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Pearl of the Atlantic
Cultural Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep Trips

Pleased to hear you enjoyed your jeep trips .I agree with you that Madeira Happy Tours are an excellent company .I have used them many times and have never had a bad experience .

Looking forward to your reviews . Thank you for your updates .I always enjoy reading them .Have a safe trip home .

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep Trips

Good to hear you are having a great holiday Bob.

Bet you can tell them where to go on the jeep trips.

Rob

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeep Trips

Glad you're having a good time Bob. Enjoy the rest of your stay and hope your journey home goes smoothly.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeep Trips

Good to read you enjoyed both your Jeep Trips with Happy Tours Bob. Great experience.

Enjoy the weekend in Funchal, love Saturday Mornings in the City, alway so busy there before 1.00 pm.

If you go along to the Golden Gate Cafe tomorrow or Sunday, enjoy your Tall White Coffee in a glass.

Have a good flight home. The check in was quite smooth for us last Monday we were checked in quite quickly. Passport control had a long queue, but it moved along OK. As soon as we got through, we were called to board. So, not a 'manic' experience just busy, the airport staff handled it well there.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeep Trips

Know what you mean Pam.Saturdays mornings in Funchal has a certain buzz about it.

Rob

Glasgow Scotland
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeep Trips

Pleased to read you're having your usual good time. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and have a good journey home. I imagine the airport will be very quiet for you due to the time of the Jet2 flight.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jeep Trips

Glad you enjoyed another couple of jeep trips Bob. This is still on my to do list.

Enjoy your last few days in Funchal and have a good journey home.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jeep Trips

Glad you enjoyed your jeep trips Bob. Last year was the first time I went on such a trip and found it a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Enjoy your last couple of days and have a safe and pleasant journey home.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jeep Trips

Hi Bob. My jeep trip last year was on the west of the island. May try east on my forthcoming visit.

The return evening flight tomorrow will mean a bit of a change to your usual departure routine. I reckon that the pick up time for the return jet2 flight to Glasgow will be 6 (ish) which is, i suppose, still quite civilised. I once had an airport pick up at 1a.m. (having vacated hotel room previous noon) Never again!! (This was not from Madeira)

Edited: 22 June 2014, 12:39
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jeep Trips

Hi Laptop Agree about change of routine for departure still as you say not to bad.Did three jeep trips this time i would say East is the best but all are good. Weather as usual good have a nice time on your visit .

Edited: 23 June 2014, 10:36
Get answers to your questions about Funchal