We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teatro Municipal Baltazar Dias: Guided Tours

Which Funchal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Teatro Municipal Baltazar Dias: Guided Tours

For all travellers interested in guided tours of Funchal City´s Teatro Municipal Baltazar Dias in Avenida Arriaga which is a smaller copy of the original La Scala in Milan the local press reports thatTours started on 28 July, 2014

The contact is Tânia Chaves teatrobaltazardias@cm-funchal.pt and the prices are

Adultos 3.86€

Jovens (11-17 anos)

Pensionistas 1.86€

Have any contributors to the Forum been on these tours in the past and can feedback? Are there reviews on this service on TA?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teatro Municipal Baltazar Dias: Guided Tours

I have never been on the guided tour of Teatro Municipal Baltazar but have been on a tour of La Scala in Milan and thought it was awesome . I am sure the tour of the aforementioned Funchal Theatre will be equally awesome.

The prices you mention are very reasonable. From what I remember the entrance to La Scala was much more expensive.

Edited: 04 August 2014, 11:17
Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Teatro Municipal Baltazar Dias: Guided Tours

Laptop769

small world also did the tour in Milan! Both buildings have great history! Both tours are and will be for the first timer awesome!

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teatro Municipal Baltazar Dias: Guided Tours

Same for me Laptop. Thanks for the info Paul. I hope they're still doing the tours at the end of the year as it's definitely something I'd like to do.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Teatro Municipal Baltazar Dias: Guided Tours

queen mary

says on the publications that we have seen until 31 dec 14...but best to check with the contact person Tânia Chaves teatrobaltazardias@cm-funchal.pt at the City Hall.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Teatro Municipal Baltazar Dias: Guided Tours

Do you think the tours will need to be booked in advance?

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
8,884 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Teatro Municipal Baltazar Dias: Guided Tours

Been to the theatre many times but can't imagine much more to see than when at show/concert. Very nice building though, they have been doing these tours for some time now. Perhaps you get to see 'behind the scenes' also.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Teatro Municipal Baltazar Dias: Guided Tours

At La Scala the visitors saw behind the scenes where old music scores, libretti, props and musical instruments used in past operatic performances were exhibited. I have studied music and was therefore particularly interested though I appreciate these exhibits would not be everyone's 'thing'

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Teatro Municipal Baltazar Dias: Guided Tours

We have just had an e-mail back from Tania Chaves to say it is better to book the tour.

Going Thursday September 17th. 10am

Thank you so much for this information.

I will be pleased to answer any questions anyone may have after September 22nd when we return home.

Thanks again everyone.

Best Wishes Amethyst

9. Re: Teatro Municipal Baltazar Dias: Guided Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Funchal