We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire

North
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire

Could anyone suggest a reputable car hire company in Funchal please.

Thanks.

Glasgow Scotland
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire

We have used both Rodavante and Madpoint with no problem.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
9,578 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire

Agree with Calderglen, also we use Europecar when we need to hire.

North
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire

Thanks, it's appreciated.

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
292 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire

I've normally booked with Economy Car Hire in the UK, which deals with Rodavante (I see it also uses Insular, though I've had no experience of them). I've never had any problems with Rodavante, either booking directly or through Economy. An advantage of Economy is that it provides full insurance and the supplement to cover tyres/exhaust etc. is much cheaper than locally.

Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire

Economy Car Hire every time - book online as far in advance as possible to get the best deals. Usually you end up with Rodavente

Edited: 22 August 2014, 18:26
Garforth, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire

We used Guerin, booked it online before we went. Seemed reasonable and even though we'd asked for a 'mini compact', we got a diesel corsa. They weren't too fussy when checking the car either, all good!

North
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire

Thanks everyone your replies are appreciated.

8. Re: Car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 15:13
9. Re: Car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 15:13
Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire

I would second the vote for Economy Car Hire - they will sort any issues if necessary from their UK base and you pay up front in GBP also they are the top rated agency by Which? for past few years.

Get answers to your questions about Funchal