We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport buses

Which Funchal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
airport buses

hi could any one tell me if the buses run to the airport on boxing day thanks

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport buses

Boxing Day isn't a public holiday but my understanding is the aerobus operates all days when there are flights. The website has the full timetable and stops, here is the link to click on

http://www.anam.pt/aerobus-madeira

Glasgow Scotland
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport buses

I think it runs every day except Christmas day.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport buses

Calderglen I thought the same but it doesn't say on the timetable, I will be at the airport at the weekend, will ask and post. I would assume it doesn't run as it is operated by Sam and no other service buses run on 25th.

Glasgow Scotland
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport buses

Thanks Flowercity, I just looked at the timetable, it used to say on the timetable that it ran every day except Christmas Day but it's not mentioned now.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
14 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport buses

When my daughter left us on the 10th of June this year (Dia de Portugal, which is a holiday that I can't say I noticed much of in Funchal), I wrote them to ask. A prompt email in return said the schedule of the airport bus ignores holidays and runs according to the actual day of the week. No guarantees given - can't harm asking them at info@sam.pt. They answer in English as well.

6. Re: airport buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Funchal