We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunbeds on the beach/restaurants

West Sussex
Level Contributor
61 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Sunbeds on the beach/restaurants

My husband and I are booked to stay at the Pestana Colombos Premium Club Hotel in July and I have a few questions I hope can be answered.

- How much does it cost to hire a sunbed (per person or per couple) on the beach?

- Is there a bar for the hotel on the beach (we are All Inclusive so wondered if it was a walk to a bar from the beach for refreshments)?

- Are there any nice restaurants aside from those at the hotel that come recommended?

- How much of a walk is the sister hotel?

Mentioned in this post
Pestana Colombos
Pestana Colombos
825 Reviews
Porto Santo Island, Portugal
Pestana Ilha Dourada
Pestana Ilha Dourada
#1 of 1 hotels in Cabeco da Ponta
Hotel Quinta Do Serrado
Hotel Quinta Do Serrado
#2 of 10 hotels in Porto Santo Island
Vila Baleira Resort Porto Santo
#3 of 10 hotels in Porto Santo Island
Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,737 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunbeds on the beach/restaurants

The cost of sunbeds on the beach is €15 per day for 2 beds and 1 brolly, I believe that is the latest cost unless it has changed for the current season. I don't believe there is a bar on the beach as it is a public beach. The sister hotel is very close.

Not a huge amount of restaurants, just a few in the town centre and one or two along the beach edge. Pe Na Agua on the beach is good.

Edited: 13 June 2017, 21:18
Mentioned in this post
Pe na Agua Restaurant
Pe na Agua Restaurant
531 Reviews
Blackpool, England
Level Contributor
815 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunbeds on the beach/restaurants

The Joao do Cabeco restaurant/bar next to the Vila Baleira hotel, about 10 minutes walk south along the main road from the Pesanta is nice.

There is a Beach bar behind the sunbeds up a flight of wooden stairs on the dunes behind the Pesanta but I don't think this is part of the all inclusive. If you continue along the walkway through the dunes you will reach the bars of the two pesanta hotels (just a few mins walk)

The two Pesanta hotels are joined together by an internal path it's just a few hundred metres between the two main buildings.

I found that the Columbus was the better area for swimming , sunbathing and eating as it tends to be quieter. The bar in the Pesanta Porto Santo is better for entertainment and there is more for kids around the pool area.

Both are lovely hotels, you will enjoy it and Porto Santo beach is stunning.

Mentioned in this post
Vila Baleira Resort...
2,369 Reviews
Porto Santo Island
Porto Santo Island
Madeira Islands, Portugal
West Sussex
Level Contributor
61 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunbeds on the beach/restaurants

Thanks for the replies! Can't wait for our hols now!

Derbys
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunbeds on the beach/restaurants

there is a bar for the beach,it's situated at the end of the path leading to the beach

5. Re: Sunbeds on the beach/restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2018, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Porto Santo Island