We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto Santo

Which Porto Santo Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest
Level Contributor
39 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Porto Santo

Hi everybody!

Does anyone can give me some information about any hoteles located directly on the beach in Porto Santo? I mean, the name of them.

Thank you

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porto Santo

Well most of the Hotels are over the beach, but anyhow here it goes the name of some of them:

Hotel Porto Santo

Hotel Vila Baleira

Hotel Torre Praia

I've never stayed in any of them, so sorry can't help with further information.

Bucharest
Level Contributor
39 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Porto Santo

Ok. Thank you very much!

Bruxelles, Belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porto Santo

Hello. We stayed twice at Hotel Torre Praia which is right on the beach and two minutes from the town Villa Baleia. The Hotel is very nice even if a bit on the basis side. Staff is very kind and healpful. Breakfast is very good.

Hotel Porto Santo is equally on the beach but a good 20 minutes walking from the town.

The Hotel Villa Baleia is furter on and, looking from the outside, not very appealing.

Hope the above is helpful and that you'll enjoy Porto Santo as much as we do.

Bucharest
Level Contributor
39 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Porto Santo

Thank you Arancia! Can you tell me more about this city Villa Baleia, what can you do there, visiting, shopping etc. ? And how about the prices? Thank you again.

Bruxelles, Belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Porto Santo

Villa Baleira (sorry for the previous mispelt!) is the small capital of the island. It's a lovely little town which has been restored by the municipality in a fantastic way. A part the church and the Colombo's house, there isn't a lot to visit. However, the place is lovely for walking around and sitting in one of a coffee place in the main square (WIFI free) or at the sea front. Shopping is not an option: there are a couple of supermarkets (with good wines) and some souvenir shops (craft). You could/should hire a bicycles and cycling from one end to the other of the island (there is cycling path from the port to the other extreme). But obviously the highlight is enjoy the fantastic beach and sea!!!! Plenty of other sports (diving, saliling, gols, tennis, horse riding). There is also a sort of "clubs" area at the port.

A lot of good restaurants most of them quite inexpensive. We would recommend Merceria (fantastic barbecued meat), Baiana (the central local restaurant) and Forno (simple grilled food).

Bucharest
Level Contributor
39 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Porto Santo

Ok, now I see. Thank you very much, again.

Rockon!

Bucuresti,ROMANIA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Porto Santo

Hi everybody,I'm in the same situation,I want to go on my honeymoon.I need some info please.

Bay Area, CA
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Porto Santo

Porto Santo is very small and the main town is very small. I love the place, but don't expect a lot of "City Life" activities. You can walk around the whole town and look in every shop in about an hour. It's a place for relaxing, being on the beach. They do have a new golf course. If you are expecting a lot of City things and sightseeing, don't spend much more than 2 days there. I've been to Porto Santo several times. One of the most fun things I enjoy is renting a moped and riding all over the island. Get a map and take all the little roads everywhere. You can do it all in a day easy. There are some beautiful spots and lookouts. When you get to the north end you'll come to a dirt road/trail. You can take this and it's a lot shorter back to town. You do need to be careful. Some of the road is sandy and bumpy. There is a beautiful secluded beach you can climb down to. My favorite place on the island is this little cafe at the very south tip of the island. The area is called Ponta da Calheta. What a spot! Be sure to go there while you are driving the moped around. Moped rental is available on the main road thru town, a couple blocks south of downtown on the right hand side. Have fun!

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Porto Santo

Hi

I am from Porto Santo and I would sugest the best hotel by the beach is Hotel Torre Praia although all other hotels are within Max. 5-10min walk from the beach as everything is situated in the centre which is by the coast line. All hotels offer great service and things are not that expensive.

Hope this helps and have a fantastic time.

Ana

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Porto Santo

Hi

I am from Porto Santo and I can say that it has the best beach (golden sand). All the hotels are 5 minute walk from the beah as the main area in the Island is by the coast line, therefore you are always by the beach. Depending on how much you want to spend you can stay at the Hotel (on the beach) which is Hotel Torre Praia or for cheaper accommodation 5min from teh beach you can stay at the Residencial do Porto Santo.

Hope you have a fantastic time

Get answers to your questions about Porto Santo Island