We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoe shopping in Porto

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Shoe shopping in Porto

When I was travelling all over Portugal in the early 1990s, I bought in Porto several beautiful made in Portugal designer shoes (women's).

At the time, I had been told that most of the shoe factories were in the north and that is why they had the best selection of high fashion quality leather shoes in Porto. Much nicer than what was avalable in Lisbon at the time.

Is that still the case? or has it gone the route of foreign cheap imports as elsewhere?

Any recommended good shoe stores in Porto (or Coimbra or Lisbon)?

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoe shopping in Porto

No, it is still true, the best shoemakers are still in the north. And these last two years they have improved quality and design a lot, to resist the "invasion" from the east.

Can not recommend any store, but you will find a lot of shoe shops in Porto. I can only tell you that every time we go to Porto my wife buys a new pair of shoes...

bristol
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoe shopping in Porto

Hi I am going to Porto on the 20th April and I would love to buy some shoes there as well - Does anyone know any web sites so that I could look at shoe designs before I go. Thanks

lisbon
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoe shopping in Porto

Hi, try a popular but good shoe shop chain FOREVA or the top shoe design LUIS ONOFRE in very selected stores. Try web to see.

lisbon
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoe shopping in Porto

Also chain AEROSOLES. See www.aerosoles.com

lisbon
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shoe shopping in Porto

I mean www.aerosoles.pt...

6. Re: Shoe shopping in Porto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 23:17