We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to get a map of the Wineries/Quinta's ?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,191 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Is it possible to get a map of the Wineries/Quinta's ?

We are visiting late September to do some wine tasting. I am having trouble figuring out a good route. I would be happy to but one if there is such a thing?

We have reservations at Quinta De La Rosa and Quinta do Passadouro. Are these in a good location?

Thanks for any insight.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,191 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to get a map of the Wineries/Quinta's ?

I meant "BUY" a map not but. need an edit button.

Portugal
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to get a map of the Wineries/Quinta's ?

Hi alli,

I really dont know any map you can use... but there are 2 websites which I am sure will help you..and they have some localization maps

go--->>>

www.rvp.pt and choose the english version, then search for wine routes and gastronomic routes.

Also on the bottom of this webpage --->>> www.solaresdeportugal.pt/EN/percursos.php there are some routes and thematic itineraries I think you will appreciate... If you have the chance, also take one day to try the "Vinho Verde" route on Alto Minho...northern region from Porto. Vinho Verde is a sparkling white wine... you should visit there Casa de Sezim--->>> www.sezim.pt/

Hope it helps.

regards,

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Casa de Sezim
Casa de Sezim
97 Reviews
Guimaraes, Portugal
Portugal
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to get a map of the Wineries/Quinta's ?

By the way, you have choosed the best season to visit the Douro region as late September is the harvesting and wine making season, so in that case you should not miss a "lagarada" where people get invited to make some wine steping on the grapes inside a "lagar".

When you get to Quinta de la Rosa ask if you can have a "Lagarada" experience :)

Mentioned in this post
Guest House Douro
Guest House Douro
730 Reviews
Porto, Portugal
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,191 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to get a map of the Wineries/Quinta's ?

Thank you! The Lagarada sounds very fun.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it possible to get a map of the Wineries/Quinta's ?

interesting website is www.ivp.pt ...my wife and myself have planned a trip to the Douro valley mid september ...

6. Re: Is it possible to get a map of the Wineries/Quinta's ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 01:19