We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Porto Itnerary for this weekend

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
3 posts
Save Topic
My Porto Itnerary for this weekend

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me plan my weekend with my girlfriend and see if there is anything I could add or change. My current plan although nothing is booked is this:

1. Arrive Porto Saturday morning, Get taxi to Sao Bento train station and leave luggage there

2. Have a day sightseeing, river trip, wine cellar and walk around

3 Get train to Hotel Solverde Spa down the coast. Not sure how!

4 Check in etc then get taxi into Porto for the evening. No idea where to go though

Regards

Jonathan

5 Get taxi to hotel somehow

6 Have day on the beach in Espino and get taxi to airport at 7.30 in the evening for 9.30 flight home

I would welcome any support on this as I know its trying to pack in a lot

Lisbon
Level Contributor
678 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Porto Itnerary for this weekend

Hello,

Are you sure you want to stay in Hotel Solverde Spa??? It is still quite far away from Porto. You have to get there using the train (Espinho Station) and then ask for the hotel to pick you up. And personally Espinho isn't exactly my place of ellection.I think you might end not seeing properly Porto nor going to the beach. And if you want to soak up the sun, Porto itself has beaches the issue is the water there isn't appropriate to bath.

I'm sorry but I think you have to choose. Otherwise you'll spend your time and money in taxis.

Another thing from the Airport to the city centre you have subway so I don't think taxi will compensate but I have never been to Porto Airport.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Porto Itnerary for this weekend

I agree that you’re trying to squeeze in a lot in two days/one night. Bear in mind that the airport is located 25km north of Porto and the hotel you intend to stay in is 25km south The previous poster is also correct in pointing out that the metro/tube will get you just as quick and far cheaper to São Bento station, if that’s where you want to go. Check this site www.metrodoporto.pt

From there you can get a train to Espinho. Check trains to Ovar and Aveiro on the Porto suburban rail network on this site: www.cp.pt

However, I’m not sure about left luggage facilities at São Bento, it is a suburban station so there may not be any.

Also, bear in mind that the hotel is not located within Espinho itself, rather in an adjoining village called Granja (which by the way has its own train station, located about a 10- 15 minute walk from the hotel).

So having said all of that, if you really want to stick to your hotel (which is very nice by the way) you might be better off taking a taxi straight to the hotel from the airport. (should cost about 30 euros). Leave your baggage there and decide if you want to visit Porto on your first day or not. If you do, then taxi or train back in. You’ll want to spend some time on the waterfront / Ribeira area, check previous threads on this forum for more info. Probably have dinner there too.

For the beach, and again, to save time, probably best use the beaches near the hotel. There is nothing very especial about Espinho except that the beach is huge and it has good seafood restaurants. If you like, you could have lunch there on Saturday.

Or, as has been previously suggested, you could reconsider your hotel plans and stay somewhere closer to the centre. It would certainly be easier for such a short trip.

3. Re: My Porto Itnerary for this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 05:17