We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Porto for a solo traveler?

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend in Porto for a solo traveler?

Hi all

I'm interested in booking a trip to Porto in mid-May for 3 days.

I am a female in my 30s and will be traveling solo, so I am looking for accommodation as central as possible (that isn't horribly expensive). Any suggestions?

Is this the right city for me? My other choice at the moment is Valencia...

Any thoughts would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend in Porto for a solo traveler?

Hi,

Porto is definitely right for a short break, it's different than Valencia though. I mean it really depends on what are your main interests...

If you let me know I can help and provide you with some tips.

As for accommodation there's a hotel ( nothing fancy I most warn you, but still decent ) right in the center of the city, where my friends from Lisbon used to crash at when they were in town. If you are still interested I can check and provide details.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend in Porto for a solo traveler?

I would love details, thanks!

I'm currently having a hard time finding any cheap flights OR accommodation so any information would be great!

London
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend in Porto for a solo traveler?

Try

Hotel Internacional Porto - Porto

Rua do Almada, 131 - Porto 4050-037 - Porto - Portugal

Hotel Pao De Acucar - Porto

Rua Do Almada, 262 - Porto 4050-032 - Porto - Portugal

Phone: 351 22-2002425

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend in Porto for a solo traveler?

Thank you! :)

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend in Porto for a solo traveler?

Have you tried Ryanair from Stansted and the accomodation pages of tripadvisor? Sorry if I'm pointing out things you've already tried, just trying to help.

As regards Porto vs Valencia, well they are two opposite corners of the Iberian Peninsula, so really quite different cities.

If you want to get some ideas on what to do in Porto, take a look at the "Porto - surely a hidden gem" thread on these forums.

Also, I posted a few ideas on things to do on a short trip on another thread some time ago. It's about five posts in, hope this helps somewhat.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189100-i201-k2311…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend in Porto for a solo traveler?

Great. Thank you! I did try Ryan Air but flights just aren't that cheap at the moment.

7. Re: Weekend in Porto for a solo traveler?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 05:30