We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stag do in porto

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
22 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
stag do in porto

I'm planning a stag do in porto later this month. I've been a couple of times before so know all about how good the riverside area is but are there any recommendations for other stag activities from anyone? I'm pretty much set on the port tour things but really looking for suggestions about clubs (ideally something "indie" orientated if that;s not asking too much) and a recommendation for a cleanish beach with a beach bar?

Any other suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stag do in porto

The Porto disco scene moves around a bit but the core always remains in the "Zona Industrial", an industrial estate at the edge of town where some of the disused warehouses are occupied by various types of discos. A taxi from the centre shouldn't cost more than 10€.

As regards bars, well apart from the riverside, the latest "in" place for nightlife is Rua Galerias de Paris, in the centre, very close to the Clérigos tower.

Clean beaches? There's a 15 km stretch of clean "blue-flag" beaches in Vila Nova de Gaia. Most have a bar or restaurant alongside, try any of the following beaches: Miramar, Francelos, Madalena, or Aguda, or else go all the way to Espinho, a resort town about 20km south of Porto, not the prettiest but with a great beach and loads of cafés and bars, easily accesible by train form São Bento or Campanhã stations.

2. Re: stag do in porto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2009, 06:29