We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castelo de Santa Catarina

torquay
Level Contributor
244 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Castelo de Santa Catarina

Has anyone stayed at this hotel and if so what did you think ,also are there any good but inexpensive restaurants nearby,,thanks Rich

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castelo de Santa Catarina

Check the Porto hotel review page of this site to get opinions of those who have stayed there. I think it's fair to say the reviews are mixed.

What I can say is that although this place is located on Rua Santa Catarina, one of Porto's main thoroughfares, it should be noted that this is in fact a very long street (almost 3km) and this hotel is located in the upper end, well away from the pedestrianised shopping part and in what is frankly a rather scruffy part of town.

You will find a few restaurants and cafés in nearby Praça Marques de Pombal and Rua Costa Cabral, but these will be of the very cheap and cheerful variety, don't expect haute cuisine.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castelo de Santa Catarina

We have - it is great.

Don't go there expecting a 5* resort and you will love it. It is rustic charm at its best, beautiful building with great staff. I posted a review when we got back take a look.

Unfortunately I do not remember the name of it but there is a perfect restaurant just down the road a bit. Cross over to the other side a walk a couple of hundred yards. Traditional Portuguese restaurant. We ate there a couple of nights, or walk down the hill to the centre. (definate taxi back up the hill).

PM me and I can send you some photos if you would like more info.

torquay
Level Contributor
244 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castelo de Santa Catarina

Thanks for your replies

4. Re: Castelo de Santa Catarina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2009, 05:21