We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

most quiet and charming 5 star hotel in Porto?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
most quiet and charming 5 star hotel in Porto?

I've read the hotel reviews, but I'd like your comments. Would you choose the Hotele Porto Palacio, the Tiara Park Atlantic Porto, The Sheraton Porto Hotel or the Hotel Infante Sagres if you only had 2 nights in Porto?

Which has the nicest location? Which has the nicest breakfast? Which one has the nicest lobby? Which one is the most luxurious?

Thanks for any of your comments!

Special Offer
Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with...
756 reviews
from US$90.10*
US$112.70
Douro Valley Wine Tour: Visit to...
107 reviews
from US$118.90*
Special Offer
Guimarães and Braga Small Group Tour...
31 reviews
from US$80.10*
US$100.20
Private Porto  from Lisbon
7 reviews
from US$175.30*
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: most quiet and charming 5 star hotel in Porto?

Think I found my own answer....looks like Hotel Infante Sagres has the look I'm after, as well as a central location.

How far is the main Porto train station from Hotel Infante Sagres?

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: most quiet and charming 5 star hotel in Porto?

The Hotel Infante de Sagres is indeed the only 5 star in Porto that falls into the “charming” category, as it is by far the oldest and most central. The lobby and public areas are nice, the rooms somewhat plain. All of the other 5 stars are located within one hundred metres of one another on the Avenida de Boavista, about 3km form the centre. They are all modern tower-block buildings, however the are probably more luxurious than the Infante de Sagres.

To get to the Infante de Sagres from Campanhã station is easy, take any metro train going west (i.e any destination except Estadio do Dragão), change at Trindade station and take a southbound yellow line train (direction: Dom Joao II) to Aliados (one stop).The hotel is a short 3 minute walk from the staion if youllok for the Pr D. Filipa Lencastre exit. Either that or a taxi, either way it’s easy.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: most quiet and charming 5 star hotel in Porto?

Thank you!

Do you have an idea of how much a taxi from Campanha Station to the Hotel Infante Sagres might cost during the day?Just want to have a rough idea, so I know if I'm getting a fair deal.

Thanks for your help!

4. Re: most quiet and charming 5 star hotel in Porto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2010, 07:17