We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any one used Rent Auto car hire?

Devon
Level Contributor
348 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Any one used Rent Auto car hire?

Hi, We are spending 2 weeks in Portugal next summer, near to Ponte de Lima. This will be our first time to northern Portugal.

I expect I will have lots of questions between now and then but for now I am arranging car hire.

Economy car hire have a good deal with Rent Auto, no excess and free border exit to Spain. Has anyone used Rent Auto form Oporto airport?

I would appreciate any experiences good and bad!

Lynbo

New Jersey
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any one used Rent Auto car hire?

Last month I used economycarhire.com (a UK company, BTW) to for a one week rental. Car was provided by Rent Auto, who delivered it to my hotel in Porto and met me at Lisbon Airport departure area for return. Everything went extremely well, the cost was competitive and there was complete coverage without any loopholes. Ability to drive into Spain at no extra charge was also nice, although I didn't wind up using it. I would recommend them.

Devon
Level Contributor
348 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any one used Rent Auto car hire?

That's reassuring. Thanks for replying!

milwaukee, wi
Level Contributor
513 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any one used Rent Auto car hire?

We rented at Lisbon airport through carjet.com which is a broker and the rental was from rent auto. Rent auto does not have a counter or a return area at the Lisbon airport, they meet you in the arrivals area and at the curb at departures. We had no problems, car was fine and no hidden or extra charges. Only concern we had was you have to tell them what time you are arriving at the airport and they meet you, we arrived about 20 minutes early and called and they were there in 5 minutes.

Ontario
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Any one used Rent Auto car hire?

Hello I have been there several times we rented on line threw http://www.portugal-auto-rentals.com/

You can chat with the people live we used SIXT it was good, I assume you will be landing Porto the bus will pick you up real easy but you can walk it is 5 mins

The reason we used SIXT the insurance was automatic to go into spain if you don't some companies charge a premium,

And don't do what we did and take the paper workout of the car and fly home with it we charge 100 bucks, the girl at the counter put my recipt in it, I thought it was for my records

Have fun great place

england
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any one used Rent Auto car hire?

I have been to Portugal about 4 times and each time I have used RentAuto. I was recommended to use them. Have always been very happy with them, their cost, service and their vehicles.

Regards

Ian

6. Re: Any one used Rent Auto car hire?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2010, 07:15